- jQuery's syntax is designed to make it easier to navigate a document, select DOM elements, create animations, handle events, and develop Ajax applications.
- The modular approach to the jQuery library allows the creation of powerful dynamic web pages and Web applications.
There are a lot of libraries available which can enhance, extend, and improve the functionality of jQuery framework. In this article, we will discuss the top jQuery libraries, or you can say the most useful libraries which are used in 20107
01 jQuery.Validation By damianedwards & outercurve
jQuery.Validation is a jQuery plugin which makes simple clientside form validation trivial while offering lots of option for customization.
- It is a good choice if you’re building something new from scratch, but also when you’re trying to integrate it into an existing application with lots of existing markup.
- The plugin comes bundled with a useful set of validation methods, including URL and email validatioon while providing an API to write your own methods.
- All bundled methods come with default error messages in English and translations into 32 languages.
For further details, you can visit https://jqueryvalidation.org/
02 jQuery.UI.Combined By devtrends
Each component is built according to jQuery's event-driven architecture (find something, manipulate it) and is themeable, making it easy for developers of any skill level to integrate and extend into their own code.
For further details, you can visit http://jqueryui.com/
03 AspNet.ScriptManager.jQuery By outercurve
This package contains the AspNet.ScriptManager.jQuery assembly that will automatically register jQuery 03011 with the ScriptManager as "jquery".
04 jQuery.Mobile By outercurve & damianedwards
A unified user interface system across all popular mobile device platforms, built on the rock-solid jQuery and jQuery UI foundation. Its lightweight code is developed with progressive enhancement and has a flexible, easily themeable design.
jQuery Mobile framework takes the "write less, do more" mantra to the next level. Instead of writing unique applications for each mobile device or OS, the jQuery mobile framework allows you to design a single highly-branded responsive website or application that will work on all popular smartphone, tablet, and desktop platforms.
For further details, you can visit http://jquerymobile.com/
05 jQuery.Datatables By betoxiq & lawrencek76
- Pagination, instant search, and multi-column ordering
- Easily theme-able: DataTables, jQuery UI, Bootstrap, Foundation
- Wide variety of extensions inc. Editor, Buttons, FixedColumns and more
- Extensive options and a beautiful, expressive API
For further details, you can visit https://datatables.net/
06 jQuery.Migrate By outercurve & damianedwards
Upgrading libraries such as jQuery can be a lot of work when breaking changes have been introduced. jQuery Migrate makes this easier, by restoring the APIs that were removed, and additionally shows warnings in the browser console (development version of jQuery Migrate only) when removed and/or deprecated APIs are used.
That way you can spot and fix what otherwise would have been errors until you no longer need jQuery Migrate and can remove it.
07 jQuery.Color By outercurve & damianedwards
A jQuery plugin that adds the ability to do color animations to jQuery. jQuery Color has faithfully supported animating colors between two hex values since the beginning. It now also includes an API to create and modify colors, as well as support for RGBA & HSLA colors and animations.
08 jQuery.InputMask By robinherbots
- Easy to use and possibility to define aliases which hide complexity
- Many features can be enabled/disabled/configured by options
- value formatting / validating without input element
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/RobinHerbots/Inputmask
09 Flot By blachniet
- Flot supports a variety of chart types, such as line chart, bar chart, area chart, stacked chart and pie chart etc.
- Master-detail chart that supports zooming feature, so you can view more detailed information in different duration.
- Toggle series, if there is more than one dataset in one chart, you can choose to hide certain dataset.
- Real-time update chart, allows chart to update in a given time interval, commonly used to show instant online users.
For further details, you can visit http://www.jqueryflottutorial.com/
FullCalendar is a full-sized drag & drop event calendar for jQuery. It is great for displaying events, but it isn't a complete solution for event content-management. Beyond dragging an event to a different time/day, you cannot change an event's name or other associated data. It is up to you to add this functionality through FullCalendar's event hooks.
For further details, you can visit https://fullcalendar.io/