Xamarin is a Microsoft-owned software company founded in May 2011by the engineers that created Mono, Mono for Android and MonoTouch, which are cross-platform implementations of the Common Language Infrastructure (CLI) and Common Language Specifications (often called Microsoft .NET).
- Xamarin.Forms provide a way to quickly build native apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS, entirely in C#.
- It allows development teams to build mobile applications using the skills they already have, and spend less time writing code for each platform.
There are a lot of libraries available which can enhance, extend, and improve the functionality of Xamarin.Forms.
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 Xamarin libraries, or you can say the most useful libraries which are used in 2017.
1. Xamarin.FFImageLoading.Forms By molinch
Library to load images quickly & easily on Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Mac / Xamarin.Tizen and Windows (UWP, WinRT).
- Configurable disk and memory caching
- Multiple image views using the same image source.
- Deduplication of similar download/load requests. (If 100 related requests arrive at same time then one real loading will be performed while 99 others will wait).
- Error and loading placeholders support
- Images can be automatically downsampled to specified size (less memory usage)
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/luberda-molinet/FFImageLoading
2. Xam.Plugins.Forms.ImageCircle By JamesMontemagno
Xam.Plugins.Forms.ImageCircle is a library that provides a simple but elegant way to display circle images in your Xamarin.Forms projects.
It provides custom control for your Xamarin.Forms project to turn your images into beautiful circle images. It also allows customizing border thickness and color.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/jamesmontemagno/ImageCirclePlugin
3. SkiaSharp.Views.Forms By serilog
SkiaSharp is a cross-platform 2D graphics API for .NET platforms based on Google's Skia Graphics Library ( https://skia.org/). It provides a comprehensive 2D API that can be used across mobile, server and desktop models to render images.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/mono/SkiaSharp
4. ZXing.Net.Mobile.Forms By redth
ZXing.Net.Mobile is a C#/.NET library based on the open source Barcode Library. The goal of ZXing.Net.Mobile is to make scanning barcodes as effortless and painless as possible in your own applications. The new iOS AVCaptureSession barcode scanning is now also supported!
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/Redth/ZXing.Net.Mobile
5. Rg.Plugins.Popup By rotorgames
Rg.Plugins.Popup is a plugin for Xamarin forms which allows you to open any page as a popup.
For further details, you can visit https://azuredirectory.codeplex.com/
6. CarouselView.FormsPlugin By alexrainman
Create Horizontal and Vertical carousels, add page indicators, render one page at a time moving back and fort programmatically and much more. “How to” at Github repository.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/alexrainman/CarouselView
7. Prism.Forms By brianlagunas
Prism provides an implementation of a collection of design patterns that are helpful in writing well structured and maintainable XAML applications, including MVVM, dependency injection, commanding, event aggregation, and more.
Prism for Xamarin.Forms help you more easily design and build rich, flexible, and easy to maintain Xamarin.Forms applications.
For further details, you can visit http://prismlibrary.github.io/
8. MvvmCross.Forms By DefinitelyTyped
MvvmCross is the .NET MVVM framework for cross-platform solutions, including Xamarin iOS, Xamarin Android, Xamarin Forms, Windows, and Mac.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/MvvmCross/MvvmCross
9. Com.Airbnb.Xamarin.Forms.Lottie By eric.winkler
Lottie is a mobile library for Android and iOS that parses Adobe After Effects animations exported as JSON with Bodymovin and renders them natively on mobile!
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/martijn00/LottieXamarin
10. Xamarin.Controls.SignaturePad.Forms By gblmarquez
Signature Pad makes capturing, saving, exporting, and displaying signatures extremely simple. The Signature Pad control can be added to your app's view hierarchy using drag-and-drop with the designers or by writing simple code.
For further details, you can visit https://components.xamarin.com/view/signature-pad