The Model-View-Controller (MVC) is a software architectural pattern which separates an application into three main components;
- Model: The Model component corresponds to all the data-related logic that the user works with.
- View: The View component is used for all the UI logic of the application.
- Controller: Controllers act as an interface between Model and View components to process all the business logic and incoming requests, manipulate data using the Model component and interact with the Views to render the final output.
MVC is one of the most frequently used industry-standard web development frameworks to create scalable and extensible projects. The ASP.NET MVC framework provides an alternative to the ASP.NET Web Forms pattern for creating Web applications. There are a lot of libraries available which can enhance, extend, and improve the functionality of MVC framework
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 MVC libraries, or you can say the most useful libraries which are used in 2017.
1. ClientDependency-Mvc By aaron.powell & shandem
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/Shazwazza/ClientDependency
2. Exceptionless.Mvc By exceptionless & codesmithtools
- Exceptionless provides real-time .NET error reporting for your ASP.NET, Web API, WebForms, WPF, Console, and MVC apps. It organizes the gathered information into simple, actionable data that will help your app become exceptionless!
- Exceptionless is a cloud-based error reporting service that sends your exceptions to https://exceptionless.com and provides aggregated views and analytics.
For further details, you can visit http://www.filehelpers.net/
3. Abp.Web.Mvc By hikalkan
ASP.NET Boilerplate is a general purpose application framework primarily designed for new modern web applications. It uses already familiar tools and implements best practices around them to provide you a SOLID development experience.
You can quickly create a solution based on free or premium startup templates either with an Angular Single-Page Application or Classic MVC & jQuery architecture.
For further details, you can visit https://aspnetboilerplate.com/
4. X.PagedList.Mvc By ernado
PagedList is a library that enables you to easily take an IEnumerable/IQueryable, chop it up into "pages", and grab a specific "page" by an index. PagedList.Mvc allows you to take that "page" and display a pager control that has links like "Previous", "Next", etc.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/dncuug/X.PagedList
5. React.Web By Daniel15
- ReactJS and Babel tools for ASP.NET Core, including ASP.NET Core MVC.
- ReactJS.NET makes it easier to use Facebook's React and JSX from C# and other .NET languages, focusing specifically on ASP.NET MVC (although it also works in different environments).
- It supports both ASP.NET 4 (with MVC 4 or 5), and ASP.NET Core MVC. It is cross-platform and can run on Linux via Mono or .NET Core.
For further details, you can visit https://reactjs.net/
6. Auth0-ASPNET By ntotten
- Creates an HTTP handler to accept Auth0 callback and exchange code with the access token.
- You can easily create a login session by creating a handler mocklogin.ashx with this code.
- This could be useful if you are doing automated tests or load testing.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/auth0/auth0-aspnet
7. Microsoft.PowerBI.AspNet.Mvc By powerbi
- A suite of ASP.NET MVC helpers for integrating Power BI into your app.
- The Microsoft.PowerBI.Api is a .NET REST Client to easily consume the Power BI Embedded REST services.
For further details, you can visit https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-developer-embedding/?cdn=disable
8. ServiceStack.Mvc By servicestack
MVC Adapter classes to provide tight integration and re-usable functionality between ServiceStack and MVC. Including adapters for:
- Funq IOC Controller Factory
- Funq Validator Factory
ControllerBase (configured with access to ServiceStack's ICacheClient, ISession, typed UserSession dependencies).
9. Westwind.Web.Mvc By rstrahl
West Wind Web MVC Utilities provides a number of small MVC helpers and utilities for dealing with controllers, viewmodels and error display and many utility functions.
- The West Wind Toolkit is a set of general purpose and Web Utility classes provided as easy to consume packages.
- The toolset is also available as source code so you can pick and choose functionality from the toolset if you only need individual features.
For further details, you can visit https://www.west-wind.com/westwindtoolkit/
10. BootstrapMvc By just_dmitry
Extendable packages pack for simplifying Bootstrap markup in your ASP.MVC projects. The key features are as follows;
- Library decomposition: Allows creating different packages for different Bootstrap and/or Mvc versions with minimal code duplicating and without unneeded dependencies;
- Highly extendable: You can add helper methods to modify/extend existing classes, or add new classes, directly in your MVC project, not in package sources;
- Fluent: Write short and efficient code;
- TextWriter-based: Internally, all HTML is written directly to TextWriter's, minimizing String allocation and concatenation;
- Open source: Fork it, extend it, use it!
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/justdmitry/BootstrapMvc