CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets; it is a style sheet language that used to describe the style of document presentations in web development. CSS defines the presentation of how HTML elements should be displayed.
CSS is designed primarily to enable the separation of presentation and content, including aspects such as the layout, colors, and fonts. This separation can;
- Improve content accessibility
- Provide more flexibility and control in the specification of presentation characteristics
- Enable multiple HTML pages to share formatting by specifying the relevant CSS in a separate *.css file
- Reduce complexity and repetition in the structural content.
CSS is a simple mechanism for adding style to Web documents such as fonts, colors, spacing, etc. There are a lot of libraries available which can enhance, extend, and improve the functionality of CSS.
In this article, we will discuss the top CSS libraries, or you can say the most useful libraries which are used in 20107
01 Bootstrap By twbs & Supergibbs
For further details, you can visit http://getbootstrap.com/
02 Modernizr By damianedwards & outercurve
For further details, you can visit https://modernizr.com/
03 FontAwesome By JiveCode
Font Awesome is a full suite of 675 pictographic icons for easily scalable vector graphics on websites that can instantly be customized — size, color, drop shadow, and anything that can be done with the power of CSS.
For further details, you can visit http://fontawesome.io/
04 Normalize.css By matthewkimber
Normalize.css makes browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards. It precisely targets only the styles that need normalizing. It is a modern alternative to CSS resets and a collection of HTML elements and attributes style-normalizations.
- Preserves useful defaults, unlike many CSS resets.
- Normalizes styles for a wide range of elements.
- Corrects bugs and common browser inconsistencies.
- Improves usability with subtle modifications.
- Explains what code does use detailed comments.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/necolas/normalize.css
05 Animate.css By leblancmeneses
Animate.css is a cross-browser library of CSS animations. It is a bunch of cool, fun, and cross-browser animations for you to use in your projects. Great for emphasis, home pages, sliders, and general just-add-water-awesomeness.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/daneden/animate.css
06 ExCSS By tylerbrinks
ExCSS reads and parses stylesheets using CSS 3 and CSS 2 selector specifications, and is easily queryable from LINQ using its simple and readable object model.
The goal of ExCSS is to make it easy to read and parse stylesheets into a friendly object model with full LINQ support.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/TylerBrinks/ExCSS
07 Metro.UI.CSS By olton
Metro UI CSS a set of styles to create a site with an interface similar to Windows 08
- It is a front-end framework for developing projects on the web in Windows Metro Style
- Metro UI CSS developed with the advice of Microsoft to build the user interface and include: general styles, grid, layouts, typography, 20+ components, 300+ built-in icons.
08 Ionic By ziyasal
Ionic is the open-source mobile app development framework that makes it easy to build top quality native and progressive web apps with web technologies.
- Build amazing native and progressive web apps with open web technologies.
- One app is running on everything.
- Ionic is based on Angular and comes with many significant performances, usability, and feature improvements over the past versions.
For further details, you can visit https://ionicframework.com/
Materialize is a modern responsive front-end framework based on Material Design. It simplifies life for developers and the users they serve.
For further details, you can visit http://materializecss.com/
10 typeahead.js-bootstrap.css By whut
This is a stylesheet for typeahead.js, which makes your "typeaheaded" input control looks same as Bootstrap 3's.
Using mixins and variables provided by Boostrap 3, This stylesheet is useful when you applied custom theme to Boostrap for your site, because the change you made in variables and mixins will be applied to your "typeaheaded" input control automatically.
For further details, you can visit 03less"> https://github.com/hyspace/typeahead.js-bootstrap03less