Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing service created by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying, and managing applications and services through a global network of Microsoft-managed data centers. It provides;
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Platform as a service
- Infrastructure as a service
It supports many different programming languages, tools, and frameworks, including both Microsoft-specific and third-party software and systems.
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 Azure libraries, or you can say the most useful libraries which are used in 2017.
1. Microsoft.Azure.EventHubs By hmlam
Microsoft.Azure.EventHubs is the .NET client library for Azure Event Hubs allows for both sending events to and receiving events from an Azure Event Hub.
- Azure Event Hubs is a highly scalable publish-subscribe service that can ingest millions of events per second and stream them into multiple applications.
- This lets you process and analyzes the massive amounts of data produced by your connected devices and applications.
- Once Event Hubs has collected the data, you can retrieve, transform and store it by using any real-time analytics provider or with batching/storage adapters.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/Azure/azure-event-hubs-dotnet
2. UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure By jimbob squarepants
An Azure Blob Storage IFileSystem provider for Umbraco. Used to offload static files in the media section to the cloud.
This package allows the storage and retrieval of media items using Azure Blob Storage while retaining the relative paths to the files expected in the back office.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/JimBobSquarePants/UmbracoFileSystemProviders.Azure
3. Serilog.Sinks.AzureTableStorage By serilog
Serilog event sink that writes to Azure Table Storage over HTTP.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/serilog/serilog-sinks-azuretablestorage
4. WindowsAzure.MediaServices.Extensions By mconverti
A NuGet package that contains a set of extension methods and helpers for the Windows Azure Media Services .NET SDK.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-media-services-extensions
5. Lucene.Net.Store.Azure By thermous
This project allows you to create Lucene Indexes via a Lucene Directory object which uses Windows Azure BlobStorage for persistent storage.
For further details, you can visit https://azuredirectory.codeplex.com/
6. Azure.Batch By azure-sdk
Azure.Batch is a client library that provides access to the Microsoft Azure Batch service. The Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET allows you to build applications that take advantage of scalable cloud computing resources.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-net
7. EvoHtmlToPdf_Azure_Client By evopdf
EVO HTML to PDF Converter for Azure was developed for Azure Websites which have to run under a restricted environment.
The general library for .NET can still be used directly in web roles and worker roles of Azure Cloud Services and applications running on Azure Virtual Machines, but it cannot be used in Azure Websites directly because of the restrictions imposed by Azure App Services environment.
For further details, you can visit http://www.evopdf.com/azure-html-to-pdf-converter.aspx
8. AzureTableStorageNLogTarget By DefinitelyTyped
A custom Nlog target that saves logs for Azure table storage. Log information saved includes:
9. OnionConsole.AppService By eric.winkler >
Onion Console is a wrapper for Console apps running inside Azure App Service Web Jobs.
10. WindowsAzure.StorageExtensions By gblmarquez
Windows Azure Storage Extensions is a .NET library aimed at managing and querying entities from Windows Azure Storage.
It's built on top of Windows Azure Storage Client Library 2.0, provides LINQ to Azure Tables queries and async interfaces.
For further details, you can visit https://github.com/dtretyakov/WindowsAzure